Ensuring Accessibility at www.danielksparkes.com
Trouble Accessing the Site? Let Us Know!
If you encounter any difficulties browsing our site or accessing content, please reach out to us at [email protected]. Your feedback is invaluable in helping us enhance the accessibility of our platform.
Our Commitment to Inclusivity
We are dedicated to creating a robust, inclusive, and accessible platform for all users. Our aim is to align with level AA standards from the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. Currently, our sites meet the majority of these standards and are substantially compliant with AA standards. We continue to bridge remaining gaps by updating the platform and collaborating with content creators to ensure stories are accessible. As we make progress, updates will be reflected on this page.
Key Features of Our Accessible Site
While each www.danielksparkes.com site has a distinct visual appearance, our commitment is to provide consistent levels of access and ease of use for everyone. Here are some key features:
- Semantic Page Structure: Every page includes semantic regions for navigation, main content, and the footer, facilitating quick navigation. Additionally, a “Skip to main content” link is available on every page.
- Logical Headings: Stories commence with an h1 heading, and we ensure that headings follow a logical order for easy comprehension.
- Zoom Capability: Users should be able to zoom up to 300% without encountering issues, ensuring a seamless experience for those who need magnification.
- Enhanced Design Elements: We have updated design elements to improve color contrast and navigability, promoting a more user-friendly experience.
- Video Accessibility: Our video players support captions, and we have enhanced how videos work with screen readers for a more inclusive multimedia experience.
- Accessible Advertisements: Advertisements are equipped with accessible labels, and we do not conceal content for users employing ad blockers. We encourage advertising partners to include captions for sponsored videos.
- User-Friendly Forms and Menus: Newsletter subscription forms and social sharing menus are designed to be more usable. When sharing a story with images featuring alt text, the text alternatives are transmitted to Facebook and Twitter.
In addition to testing in modern browsers, we employ VoiceOver in Chrome and Safari to review our sites. In the near future, we plan to test changes with NVDA and VoiceOver. We are also developing automated accessibility tests to identify and address issues effectively.
Future Improvements on the Horizon
In the upcoming months, we are committed to making several enhancements:
- Site Navigation: We aim to improve site navigation to ensure a seamless experience for all users.
- Contact Forms: Enhancements are planned for contact forms to improve accessibility.
- Keyboard Navigation: Addressing elements not following expected keyboard navigation order.
- Embeds and Third-Party Content: Ensuring accessible names for embeds and third-party content.
- Text Legibility: Improving text spacing for enhanced legibility.
Collaborating for Continued Accessibility
In collaboration with content creators, we are actively working on ensuring new stories are accessible. This involves adding alternative text for content images, captions for videos, transcripts for podcasts and audio files, text descriptions for ads, and options to reduce motion in ads and interactive stories.
We are committed to transparency and will regularly update this page with our ongoing improvements. Follow our progress on www.danielksparkes.com.
Your feedback is vital. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding accessibility, please reach out to us at [email protected]. Kindly include details about the specific site you are accessing and the assistive technology you are using (e.g., VoiceOver on iOS).